I couldn't have said it better. But not for the wedding, for my life. You have to lose something in order to get something else that's needed, or wanted, for yourself, so you can be of better servitude to others. We are here to live and to serve, and not to be served. This I know. Now, y'all know I'm not one for putting my bidness out there in the skreets, so you can surmise/deduce what's been cracking in my life, based on what I have learned so far this year:
- To gain love from others, I had to lose it from another.
- When you change the things you think about, the things that you think about will change.
- To have the opportunity to branch off into a new career, I had to lose the one I had.
- To gain strength, I had to show weakness.
- You have to give up being right in and give in to being open to what's right.
- To slay the green eyed monster, I had to fall on my own sword.
- I took a trip to hell and back in order to really know who the Angel of Light is. So, the next time someone tells me to "Go to Hell" - My response will be. . ."I've been there - didn't like it.".
- To experience truth, I had to face where I was not being genuine.
- I can never be bought - or sold. A price has already been paid for me.
- To bring someone closer, I had to let someone go.
- To trust others, I had to have my trust shattered.
- To acquire resources, I had to turn to THE source.
- Don't talk about the speck in someone else's eye when you have a plank in your own.
- You have to get dirty to become clean.
- Pimping ain't easy, but somebody's got to do it.
I'm back. But don't call it a comeback.
What have you, lost, but subsequently gained?
Or, do you agree with any of what I've said?